We have been very busy these last few months and have added 2 more people to our team, Allaryin and Joe12o. They are both great additions to the team and have already had some fantastic ideas. While waiting for Forge to get closer to releasing a stable version so that we can update to 1.7, we are planning a couple of releases to our 1.6.4 version.
Some of the things we are hoping to put in these 2 release are:
- Tweaking support for the New Dawn mod
- Starting to implement things from FN (Forgotten Nature) and MTJT (More Than Just Trees) mods into EbXL
- Changing out our redwoods for the ones added by FN
- Adding new fir and pine trees to existing biomes
- Adding flowers from FN and MTJT
- Adding the fruit and nut trees and berry bushes from FN
- Adding food recipes utilizing the fruit, nuts and berries
- Add a couple of biomes from FN
- Helpful tool tips
- A completely new item, in it’s beta form, which will only be available in creative mode for right now as it is being tested and we work on the ideas we have to implement it fully into the game.
We are hoping that after these 2 releases, Forge will have a stable version and we can then update to 1.7 and start looking ahead to 1.8.
We have A LOT of new things coming up in the next few months. I don’t want to give away to much, but just a few of those things are:
- A contest
- New biomes
- Revamping of existing biomes
- Removal of some biomes
- An EBXL villager or 2, with their own building and possibly a quest
- Villages made out of materials found in the biome where they are located
- More trees and plants
- Add on mods that will contain such things as fantasy biomes and crops
- Terrain generation
- Much, much more!
We will also be trying to update the blog on a weekly or bi-weekly basis with information and screenshots of what we are working on. As always, we look forward to hearing ideas and feedback from our players. Please feel free to post them here on the blog or on our thread on the Minecraft forums.